What You Need To Know About the Visa Account Updater (VAU) Service
Your SDCCU Visa credit and/or debit card(s) are automatically enrolled through Visa’s Account Updater Service, at no cost to you! Visa automatically sends updated information of your new card(s) when they are issued following changes due to card expiration, loss or theft or card closure to participating merchants. This allows participating merchants access to current card information used to process any automatic recurring payments and/or billings. Please note that since not all merchants participate, you should contact merchants directly if your card information changes.
- Complimentary service provided by Visa
- Convenient automatic enrollment
- Uninterrupted service from participating merchants
- Examples of merchants to update stored information with: Fitness Center, Online Streaming Services, Utilities and other automatic recurring payments and/or billings
Participation in VAU does not relieve you of your responsibility to ensure that merchants have correct card information on file. Failure to update card information stored with merchants may result in a declined transaction. In addition, neither Visa nor SDCCU can guarantee that card updates will be communicated to merchants prior to the next billing cycle.
- Not all merchants participate in the Visa Account Updater Service
- Failure to update your card information with merchants storing your card details may result in declined transactions
- Automated card updates may not be communicated prior to the next payment due date
You may opt-out of VAU at any time by contacting us via Live Chat, by calling (877) 732-2848 or visiting one of our convenient branch locations.