The SDCCU Biz Kid$ program provides online resources and now more episodes are available to help educators and parents provide financial education and entertain kids at home.
Follow these steps to get started with Biz Kid$:
- Select a topic: Find the topic on the Biz Kid$ website under Lesson Plans. Or you can start on season 1 of 6 which are organized by topic on the Biz Kids YouTube channel. (Topics: Basics, Careers, Credit and Debt, Entrepreneurship, Financial Markets & the Economy, Financial Planning, Personal Finances, Savings and Investing.)
- Find and watch the video:
- The free short video clips (1-2 minutes) can be watched from the Biz Kid$ website or on the Biz Kid$ YouTube channel.
- You can purchase and stream the full episodes (30 minutes) of seasons 1-3 on Amazon Prime or season 6 on Vimeo with more being added soon.
- Follow the lesson plan: Find the lesson plan that matches up with the episode number you selected under Lesson Plans on the Biz Kid$ website. Follow along, have the kids complete the worksheets, and most important have fun learning about money together!
Learn more about how SDCCU is supporting our schools and teachers
Biz Kid$ Events
SDCCU hosts Biz Kid$ events online and in-person. We look forward to you and your kids joining us at an event. For details on upcoming events, visit our Financial Wellness Wednesdays
The need for Biz Kid$ financial literacy programs: